Leadership skills are vital in sustaining our growth; we ensure all Wavelength managers are equipped with the necessary tools and skills to lead others successfully and to really bring out their best, through conducting effective coaching conversations with direct reports. All people managers at Wavelength catch up with their direct report regularly to give Wavies the chance to share what's on their mind, to discuss what areas they need support in, and to give and receive feedback.
Our People & Culture team facilitates an annual program of compulsory and elective leadership modules to continuously develop managers within our organisation, equipping them with core skills and current knowledge.
Key topics for our most recent program included:
- Developing & retaining talent
- Management and employment law essentials
- Coaching to drive performance
- Leading change effectively
- Building resilience, drive and motivation
- Setting clear performance targets
- Communicating effectively
- Indentifying and leverageing personal brand and values
We also have some informal mentoring relationships established that are adding significant value. A number of our Senior Recruiters are mentoring Para Consultants or Junior Recruiters and it is making a real difference and also building great relationships.