Who we areWavelength International is a successful medical recruitment business with approximately 80 employees and a proud 17-year track record of placing doctors in both locum and permanent roles throughout Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Without our services, many struggling hospitals and remote communities would go without critical clinical staff and all at Wavelength feel proud of the impact of our work.
Wavelength International was established in 1998 by Claire Ponsford and John Bethell. Claire was a Medical Personnel Manager in the British NHS, and then worked in the Workforce Planning Division of NSW Health before commencing in the recruitment industry. John is a qualified medical doctor who graduated from Aberdeen, Scotland, and then relocated to Australia to work in the Queensland and NSW hospital systems before moving into recruitment.
Claire and John first worked together at Morgan & Banks (now known as Hudson) before setting up Wavelength International. Claire and John are inspiring leaders and they have created a dynamic culture that is represented by our vision and values.
Our business consists of the following teams:
- Executive Leadership Team
- Corporate Services (this includes: Finance, People & Culture, Office Admin, Marketing & Quality)
- Regulatory & Migration Services
- General Practice Recruitment Team
- Junior & Middle Doctors, Emergency Department & Psychiatry Recruitment Team
- Specialist & Health Executive Recruitment Team