Wavelength International – a great place to work!
Wavelength International – a great place to work!
We’re the only recruitment agency in Australia to be listed in the top 50 BRW Best Places to Work 2015!
Wavelength International has once again made the prestigious BRW Best Places to Work 2015 Top 50. In fact, it is the only recruitment company this year to be recognised for its exceptional workplace culture.
168 Australian companies entered this year’s study, one of the world’s most comprehensive independent studies of workplace culture by Great Place to Work Australia, and we are extremely proud to be recognised for our unique culture and diverse achievements.
Wavelength co-founder Claire Ponsford shared her thoughts about this success and what makes Wavelength so special.
Q: What does it mean to Wavelength to have been included in this year’s top 50 Australian employers?
A: We have always believed that a motivated and engaged team is fundamental to the long-term success of any business. Right from the beginning, we set out to create a successful medical recruitment company dedicated to empowering and valuing our employees.
We are therefore immensely proud to be recognised in this year’s study. It’s a true testament to all our Wavies who are passionate about working collaboratively, looking out for each other and making a real difference to the health of communities right across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Everyone takes our unique culture seriously and wants to contribute in a positive way.
And to be the only recruitment company in the top 50 is really special. For too long our industry has been renowned for its high-pressure work environments. It just goes to show that we can build a successful and profitable company with an inspiring, generous and supportive culture.
Q: What’s the secret to a great workplace culture?
A: It’s about never being complacent. Initiatives that shape a workplace culture need to be constantly reviewed and updated and open communication is essential. We constantly seek feedback from our Wavies and are very aware of making changes to initiatives or programs ensuring continual alignment to our culture and values.
Q: How does a great workplace culture benefit your clients and bottom line?
A: If employees are engaged and empowered, they want to do their absolute best, not only for themselves but also the company. At Wave, we are renowned for going above and beyond when it comes to customer service and this has a really positive impact on the success of the business.
Q: What makes Wave so special and why are you proud to be part of the team?
A: For me, it’s the special connection between everyone. It’s a very caring place to work. There are so many amazing examples of Wavies supporting each other through difficult times. We’ve developed friendships for life and I’m proud to be part of such a great team.
Here are some of the things that make Wavelength a great place to work:
Reward and recognition
- Our generous remuneration and commission scheme is renowned for being extremely market competitive. We are also committed to making our salary packages consistent and fair across the organisation.
- Employees in all roles are recognised and rewarded for outstanding performance. Our quarterly bonus scheme is aligned to individual performance plans.
Learning and development
- Individual goals are created for all employees quarterly and are part of their performance criteria. Managers regularly meet with each member of their teams to provide feedback and coach them to be even better in their role.
- Employees are encouraged to develop so they are continuously learning and improving and our internal mentoring program enables employees to discover and develop their talents.
- Our internal social networking platform is a popular communication tool fostering a modern culture of openness and transparency. Over 15,000 messages have been posted since its introduction in 2010, with numerous specialist groups created in order to share information and ideas.
- Quarterly employee briefings include interactive presentations by each member of our Executive team to share information, business goals, successes, challenges and new initiatives.
- We all work in an open plan office, so open communication is just the way we work.
Work life balance
- We believe in providing real work life balance and have a broad range of flexible full-time, part-time and job share work patterns in place. Employees can work flexibly between 7am and 7pm and have the opportunity to work from home one day a week.
- Wavelength also offers an additional 2 days of annual leave once an employee has completed 3 years’ continuous employment and a further 3 additional days once they reach 4 years.
- Our paid parental leave program is extremely generous and we are flexible when it comes to extended leave for weddings and overseas trips.
- We aim to incorporate our values of excellence, ingenuity, integrity and heart into all of our business processes, policies and communications. Our unique, friendly and supportive culture continues to evolve thanks to our talented individuals.
- A bright, fresh, modern and open workspace encourages a positive working environment and work life balance. We have showers, great training facilities and plenty of room for our regular health and fitness sessions. Breakfast, drinks and health snacks are all provided daily for all employees.
- We celebrate in style – birthdays, anniversaries, individual and company achievements.
- Wavelength is committed to the health sector both in Australia and overseas and actively donates and fundraises for the Fred Hollows Foundation and Médecins Sans Frontières. We also sponsor indigenous medical students and encourage our employees to participate in numerous other charitable events throughout the year.