Wavelength is one of Australia's BRW Top 50 Best Places to Work
Wavelength has been a part of GPTW for the last three years and despite the number of competing applications continuing to rise, we are excited to have placed again this year, in 28th place. We understand BRW received almost 300 applications this year and more than 68,000 employees were surveyed, and Wavelength was one of only four recruitment companies who made the list.
“In 2011 Wavelength was one of the BRW Top 50 Best Places to Work.
So, what’s changed since then?
Not much, actually.
John Bethell, my co-founder, and I, remain focused on leading an ethical medical recruitment agency. Enabling and empowering a group of talented individuals to contribute in creating value for our candidates and clients. Last year said that our employees felt connected to shared values, they understood the company vision and the markets we serve – and that hasn’t changed.
Another strong ranking in BRW’s Top 50 Best Places to Work is a great reflection of the way our team has taken our candidate and client serving mentality and applied it to the workplace.”
Perhaps what has changed, or continues to change, is the pace at which markets change. As health care demands rise, and competition for talent becomes ever more fierce, we need to stand out. Our clients tell us that we continually exceed their expectations on service and quality standards – so I think we’re doing a good job of delivering real value to our clients.
Co-founder and Director
BRW’s Top 50 Best Places to Work list continues to be an eminent benchmark for the most creative, vibrant and innovative places to work in Australia.
“It’s amazing just how many new Wavies remark on the value of Wavelength’s recognition as a Great Place to Work. It’s a powerful indicator of what potential employees are seeking from a new employer ” says HR Consultant, Emma Trehy
“Claire, our Company Director, leads in a way that empowers my team to recruit, manage and develop talent in a way that enables the organisation to adapt and change to circumstance – we don’t ever sit still – this is what keeps our workplace exciting and dynamic” says HR Manager, Kellie Egan.
About Wavelength International
Claire and John co-founded Wavelength International 12 years ago in 1999 and have successfully grown the business across permanent and locum recruitment and migration services, recruiting doctors from Australia and New Zealand, and from abroad.
Wavelength offers its employees a range of benefits, including free breakfast, subsidised fitness classes, flexible working hours, a creative, casual and fun working environment in addition to monetary incentives linked with productivity and performance against key goals. “Our team work hard to identify and implement initiatives that encourage productivity, good health and a friendly and supportive environment”, says Claire.
What sets Wavelength apart?
Wavelength offer a host of benefits, focusing in the following areas:
- Remuneration and recognition
- Learning and development
- Giving Back
- Promoting Work Life Balance
Some of the most popular examples are:
- Peer nominated ‘Send a Wave’ online rewards scheme based on demonstration of Wavelength values
- Quarterly Team Reward Days when outstanding team performance is achieved
- Daily breakfast, drinks and health snacks
- Birthday celebrations and $100 gift for all employees
- The annual Wavie of the Year Event encourages employees to nominate a co-worker to receive a ‘People’s Choice’ award, and the Directors nominate a ‘Wavie of the Year"
- Massages, Pilates, Yoga and Personal Training sessions are all available onsite.
- Flexible work options
- Work from Home – employees have the opportunity to work from home one day per week. 85% of eligible employees take this opportunity on a regular basis
- 14 weeks paid parental leave is available once an employee has completed over 2 year’s continuous service
- Health program including skin checks and flu vaccinations
For further information, the full list of Wavelength benefits, or to seek comments on the 2012 BRW Awards, please contact Kellie Egan, HR Manager on 02 8353 9047 or firstname.lastname@example.orgBack